Chicken & Noodle soup
Fast, easy, healthy and delicious, what more could you ask for? I really like these light flavoursome soups with lots of vegetables and a good chilli kick. Great on a Monday after an indulgent weekend !
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 2 large chicken fillets
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 8 baby sweetcorn cut into quarters
- 4 pieces sprouting broccoli cut in quarters
- 1 carrot cut into thin ribbons – use a mandoline if you have one
- 200g cooked noodles – most supermarkets sell fresh noodles, use the type you like best
- 1 head baby bok choy – stalks cut in quarters, leaves left whole
- 6 spring onions cut into quarters
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- Juice of half a lime
- Start by heating the chicken stock in a pot and when hot add the chicken fillets, turn the heat down and simmer for around 20 minutes until cooked. This method keeps the chicken nice and tender.
- In another pot heat the sunflower oil and add the curry paste along with the garlic, cook for a minute over a medium heat then add the stock.
- Slice the chicken as thinly as you can and set aside.
- When the stock comes to the boil add the carrots, broccoli and sweetcorn and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the noodles and chicken, followed by the bok choy and spring onions and cook for another minute. The vegetables should be just barely cooked.
- Check the seasoning and correct if necessary.
- Ladle the soup into hot bowls and squeeze over some lime juice, add a few slices of chilli to each bowl.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright © Ivor O’Connor.